Few keto recipes are simpler than this one—and yet, when done right, few recipes have the versatility or range. Because the recipe is so simple, however, the quality of your ingredients is especially key.
We recommend ensuring you get the highest quality beef, use good Himalayan pink salt (which is higher in minerals than many other salts, and has a more vibrant flavor), and consider shelling out for good almond butter—the kind that doesn’t have the extra sugars and other ingredients found in some of the less expensive butters.
They blanch the almonds to remove the gritty skins for an ultra-smooth, ultra-creamy texture. Skins contain phytic acid, which hinders the body’s ability to absorb key vitamins and minerals. Removing the skins ensures you are absorbing all of the great nutritional benefits of almonds.
The almonds are fresh roasted and immediately ground to capture better flavor and texture.
There are few almond butters that match the quality. It can be found in a number of health food stores or online.
Buy it: On Amazon $12
Some might think mixing almond butter with beef is unique combination- think of it as a thai type of recipe and its not as odd at all! Because as strange as this recipe may seem, it gives you some serious staying power, and you may well find yourself turning to it with stunning regularity once you give it a go.
Its a delicious dish that can be eaten on its own or mixed up with a variety of vegetables, cauliflower rice, or as a filling. We love making this almond butter beef dish for guests as they always get a big kick out of the ingredients! We think you will too.
ALMOND BUTTER BEEF
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef high-quality
- 1 teaspoon Himalyan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup almond butter raw
- Brown the ground beef in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat until cooked through, roughly 6 to 8 minutes, before adding the salt, cinnamon, and pepper. Stir well.
- Stir in the almond butter one spoonful at a time, making sure to stir it in well to help it break down and attach itself to the beef. Once the almond butter is thoroughly mixed into the beef mixture, remove from heat and divide and serve.
- Medium skillet