With most condiments, you’re likely getting lots of extra ingredients—including a surprising dose of sugar. (Have you ever looked at a ketchup label, for instance?) This wonderful butter, however, is straightforward, extremely keto friendly, and adds a wallop of flavor to anything you put it on.
Bacon Chili Butter
Category: Condiment Calorie Count: 229 Macronutrient ratio: Carb-induced calories—2% Protein: 2 grams Carbohydrates: 1 grams Total Fat: 25 grams
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 stick butter unsalted, at room temperature (½ cup size)
- 1 garlic clove minced finely
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the bacon until crispy—about three minutes—before transferring to a paper towel to drain. Pour off the bacon grease from the skillet, saving it if you wish to use it in another recipe.
- In a small bowl, cut the butter into small pieces before mashing it with a fork; once well mashed, add the spices and combine well.
- Crumble the now cooled bacon into small pieces before working the bacon bits into the butter.
- Move the butter mixture onto a 12-inch piece of parchment paper. Shape it into a log (we recommend placing that log diagonally across the parchment paper, leaving plenty of space on both ends) before rolling the parchment paper up and twisting the ends with two twist ties to secure it.
- Transfer the bundle to the refrigerator (or freezer, if not using anytime soon) until ready to use; when you want to use it, simply untwist one of the ends of your parchment paper and cut off however much butter you need.
- Small bowl
- Parchment paper
- Twist ties