When you’re in a rush, this keto berry smoothie is a great base recipe for a snack or breakfast. With avocado, coconut milk and plentiful berries, it not only looks amazing but tastes out of this world!!
Its closer to a milkshake consistency than a smoothie and is super rich and creamy. You almost feel like you are cheating on your diet- especially if you add a touch of sweetener. Don’t tell your kids its good for them and they will happily sip on it!
I love avocados and have come to appreciate them in a number of different foods. Check out some of our other favorite keto recipes that call for avocado in unexpected treats:
KETO BERRY FAT-FUELED SMOOTHIE
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water or more (plus ice cubes as needed)
- 1/2 cup berries fresh or frozen, such as raspberries, blackberries, or strawberries
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder or substitute with a higher portion of unsweetened vanilla extract
- liquid stevia extract to taste
- powdered erythritol to taste
- Place all your base ingredients in the blender. Add your flavor ingredients. Pulse until smooth, and serve immediately.
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds can add fiber and give a thicker texture to your smoothie.
- 1-2 tablespoons of your nut butter of choice can also fiber, proteins, and fats, helping keep you full longer.
- 1-2 teaspoons maca powder can also offer a boost, and is a great adaptogen.
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil can also add an extra energy boost to your smoothie.
- Coffee can be a great substitute for some of the water, too, when you need a caffeine kick.