I can’t lie: I’m a sucker for one-pot dishes. Making fewer dishes is a definite plus of any dish as far as I’m concerned, as I don’t always have the time to deal with a bunch of dishes. This totally amazing keto berry skillet crumble dish is out of this world and will take you back to thinking you are not on a diet at all.
This dish is super easy as well to make and can be made in the oven or over an open flame like while camping. You can substitute the berries as well, depending on whats fresh and flavor. Or you can mix a few together.
To make the berries a bit sweet you can use liquid stevia or Erythritol since you will be keeping the berries heated and cooking. The granulated keto sugars can stay a bit gritty if they don’t get the proper heat but it doesn’t take away from the flavor one bit, just adds a teeny texture which you might not mind at all.
The crumble topping is really nuts and seeds and cinnamon which can be tossed on top with a heavy hand or light, depending on your style. My kids loves to serve it up warm with heavy whipping cream but its delicious all on its own. Give it a try and let us know what you think.
BERRY SKILLET CRUMBLE
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 cups mixed berries I'm partial to fresh berries, but frozen will also work
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder or substitute with vanilla powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- liquid stevia extract to taste (or other keto-friendly sweeteners as desired)
- Preheat the oven to 400. As that warms, make your berry base by greasing a medium-sized oven-safe skillet with coconut oil over medium-high heat, adding your berries once warmed. Cook 3-5 minutes, until softened, tasting and adding stevia or other sweeteners as so desired.
- As that cooks, place the almonds and pecans into a food processor, adding the rest of the ingredients and pulsing for a few minutes to your desired consistency.
- Sprinkle the nut mixture on top of the berries and broil for 10 minutes in the oven until lightly browned and crisp on top before transferring to a cooling rack and cooling 5 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with your topping of choice if so desired.
- Skillet (oven-safe)
- Food processor
- Cooling rack