Few things are better than easy-to-make fat bombs that travel well, and these blondies are perfect. Not only do they require only 10 minutes of work, but they don’t have to be refrigerated, making them perfect for fat bomb snacking on the go.
BLONDIE FAT BOMBS
Category: Snack, Desert, Fat Bombs Calorie Count: 274 (for 1 fat bomb) Macronutrient ratio: Carb-induced calories—3% Protein: 3 grams Carbohydrates: 2 grams Total Fat: 27 grams Prep Time: 3-5 minutes Cook Time: 5-8 minutes Rest Time: 1 hour or more Servings: 16 fat bombs
- 1 1/2 cups coconut unsweetened shredded
- 1 cup macadamia nuts
- 8 ounces cacao butter or substitute with coconut oil
- 8 ounces coconut butter or substitute with blanched almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 cup erythritol powdered
- 1/4 cup collagen powder
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs or substitute with dark chocolate chips if you prefer
- Preheat your oven to 350. As that warms, spread your shredded coconut and macadamia nuts on a baking sheet, toasting in the oven 5-8 minutes or until lightly golden once the oven is warm. Stir occasionally to prevent burning; once golden brown, remove from heat and set aside.
- As that bakes, melt your cacao butter and coconut butter in a double boiler over medium heat. Add your vanilla and erythritol (as well as the collagen powder if using), mixing until well combined. When the mixture is well combined and melted, pour onto an 8' by 8' parchment-lined pan, spreading the toasted coconut-macadamia mixture over the top, sprinkling with cacao nibs if so desired.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until well set and ready to slice. Cut into 16 bars—4 rows by 4 columns. Either keep in a cool place at room temperature or refrigerate for up to 1 week, or freeze for up to 3 months.
While you can use coconut oil instead of cacao butter, you will then definitely have to keep your blondies in the refrigerator, as coconut oil based fat bombs will melt at room temperature. Tools Needed:
- Baking sheet
- Saucepan and heatproof bowl for double boiler
- Parchment paper
- 8' by 8' baking pan