If you are looking for a super hearty breakfast, then look no further than this awesome keto breakfast skillet. A large pilling of hamburger meat, eggs, turnips, veggies, and seasonings will make this a fan favorite. Its a lot easier than it looks as well!
Keto or not, this is a popular dish with the men in my family mainly because it is really satisfying for a long time and makes a great leftover lunch. Perfect to use for meal planning for the morning so you can heat up and grab and go.
I love my hot sauce of course, so I will place a dash of hot sauce and even a little cheese sometimes! And adding a few chopped green onions breaks up the protein flavors well.
Hope you enjoy!
Burger Breakfast Skillet
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese pepper jack and cheddar both work well
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup turnips cubed
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In your cast iron skillet, brown the ground beef on the stove top. When just cooked (about five minutes on medium-high heat), push the meat to the edges. In the now vacated center of the cast iron, add your minced garlic and turnip, browning for about a minute, before stirring the now browned garlic turnips into the browned meat. Add your other seasonings and stir well.
- Add the baby spinach a handful at a time, letting each handful wilt before adding more. Once all the spinach has been added and wilted, remove the cast iron skillet from heat and stir in ½ cup of cheese.
- Once the skillet is off heat, spread the mixture evenly, then make four small craters or depressions in the surface of the spread mixture. Gently crack an egg into each crater, followed by a sprinkling of the remaining cheese over the entire skillet.
- Move the skillet to the now preheated oven, and bake 10 minutes. Egg whites should set, but the yolks should still be runny, but you can leave it in the oven for longer if you prefer your yolks more set.
- Scoop out each serving onto plates and serve.
- Cast iron skillet
- Spatula and/or serving utensil
- Serving plates