OK, I am quite sure that I have I mentioned before than I’m a sucker for hashes right, ha? This easy cauliflower hash is light, filling, and manages to combine eggs and cauliflower elegantly. It’s simple, tasty, and one of my favorites. In fact I’m famous for it! Yep 🙂
A long time ago when I was visiting my sister and her family in Marin, they had a large Holiday pot luck gathering and many folks from around town decided to show up! I was thrilled to see so many famous faces including Phil Lesh from the Grateful Dead. Wow, I was in awe and really impressed with what a genuine and nice guy he was. And what an honor it was to hang around such a legend!
Anyways.., he gave my cauliflower hash a try and I can remember the big grin on his face saying “This will make you famous someday!” I felt famous in that moment! So now I tell all my friends about this fun event and how I became famous for this special hash.
So, whether you are famous or not, I do hope you give my hash a try and let me know what you think about this killer dish! And if you are as big of fan as I am for hashes, give my Iranian Keto Hash a shot, the flavors are amazing!
- 1 head cauliflower cut into florets
- 6 Eggs large
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway ground
- 2 tablespoons chives chopped
- crispy bacon slices
- In a steamer, cook your cauliflower florets 8-10 minutes, or until tender, before removing from heat and letting the florets cooled. Once cooled, cut the florets into roughly 1-inch pieces, then set them aside.
- Grease a large pan with the ghee, heating over medium heat. Once hot, add the onion, cooking until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add your chopped cauliflower and caraway, cooking for 1-2 minutes, before adding the eggs. Continue to cook until have reached desired done-ness.
- Remove from heat and top with the chives, as well as if so desired with the crispy bacon crumbles.
- Chopping knife
- Cutting board
- Small bowl
- Large saucepan
- Serving spoon
- Serving plates