Let’s be real: Sometimes you need waffles. With these cheesy keto waffles, though, you don’t have to worry about the carbs, because they’re keto-friendly. Even better, you can eat them as a breakfast dish, a side meal(they go great with salads or pulled pork, for instance), or even as an English muffin stand-in on eggs benedict.
These waffles can be pre-made and frozen for the week. So when you get home from the gym or are looking for a tasty snack, grab a waffle; toast and enjoy! You can eat them plain or top them with any unique ideas you have.
Since these are on the more savory side, they pair well with a number of different toppings, especially chicken, for a fan favorite- chicken and waffles! They can also be used as bread slices with some turkey meat and and cheese in between. Really- there is no wrong way to eat waffles or a wrong time for that matter- breakfast for dinner is a must sometimes.
CHEESY KETO WAFFLES
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese grated
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 4 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or mix of basil, oregano, thyme to preferred taste
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder preferably gluten-free
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and cream cheese; you may want to use a whisk or hand mixer, though be careful not to get it too frothy.
- Add your cheeses and dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour your batter into a preheated waffle maker, close, and cook—roughly 1-2 minutes for each waffle, depending on your waffle maker and waffle preferences.
- When done, transfer to a plate, letting the waffles cool slightly before serving; store any leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Large bowl
- Hand whisk
- Waffle maker
- Serving plates