When you’re in a rush, this smoothie is a great base recipe for a snack or breakfast.
CHOCOLATE FAT-FUELED SMOOTHIE
Category: Dinner Calorie Count: 377 Macronutrient ratio: Carb-induced calories—6% Protein: 5 grams Carbohydrates: 6 grams Total Fat: 36 grams
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water or more (plus ice cubes as needed)
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter or substitute with almond butter
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon ground
- liquid stevia extract to taste
- powdered erythritol to taste
- Place all your base ingredients in the blender. Add your flavor ingredients. Pulse until smooth, and serve immediately.
Smoothie recipes are about as adaptable as they come. Consider all of the following optional add-ons: A cup of fresh spinach is a great way to add greens to your diet 2 tablespoons collagen powder (or a scoop of your protein powder of choice) to help add protein to your diet and keep you full longer. 1 tablespoon chia seeds can add fiber and give a thicker texture to your smoothie. 1-2 tablespoons of your nut butter of choice can also fiber, proteins, and fats, helping keep you full longer. 1-2 teaspoons maca powder can also offer a boost, and is a great adaptogen. 1 tablespoon MCT oil can also add an extra energy boost to your smoothie. Coffee can be a great substitute for some of the water, too, when you need a caffeine kick. Tools Needed: