Pizza is another food you may find yourself craving. In this case, though, the alternative is far better than the original; these little bite-sized treats pack all the best parts of pizza, without the carb-laden crust. Even better, they’re easily customized to fit your favorite pizza flavors!
These easy keto pizza bites are super fast and totally delicious! Add the toppings of your choice and have the flavors explode- trust me, your mouth won’t even miss the chewy crust as these bites are crunchy, chewy, and pizza-licious!
I even sneaked in veggies under all the cheesy goodness for my families meal! These delightful bite sized pieces of heaven are fantastic for appetizers or a full meal alongside a nice salad. I think they would even make a fun Halloween meal as my son added some red pepper squares and the pizza bites looked like little creepy eyes!
You can also use the pizza sauce to dip the bites into for those who love to dunk or make a low sugar creamy ranch dressing to try. I like to spice up my keto pizza bites with a bit of jalapeno or sriracha! #Yum!!
Tell us how you do your bites and you will be entered to win a brand new Calphalon Signature Ceramic Nonstick Muffin Pan- 12 from William Sonoma!
Just leave a comment below and you will be automatically entered!!
We will have the drawing April 30th, 2018. Winner will be notified by email.
KETO PIZZA BITES
- 12 slices pepperoni slices while you can substitute smaller slices, you really will prefer large slices
- 12 mozzarella balls mini-sized
- 12 basil leaves fresh
- 12 toppings preferred
- seasonings to taste
- While preheating the oven to 400 F, line 12 cups of a mini muffin tin with your pepperoni slices. While smaller slices can be layered, they really do fit and work so much better with large slices. (And to help aid that fit, you can make a few slits in the pepperoni slices from the edge toward the center to help the slices better fold and conform to the edges of the muffin tin.)
- Bake 5 minutes before removing from the oven—though leave the oven on. Let cool 5-10 minutes, so the pepperoni can crisp back up.
- In each muffin space, spoon ½ teaspoon of tomato paste into the bottom, layering it smoothly on top of your pepperoni cup. Follow up with a mozzarella ball and basil leaf in each cup, as well as any additional seasonings as you see fit. Return the muffin tin to the oven, baking another 3-5 minutes to let the cheese melt appropriately.
- Remove your muffin tin from the oven and let cool 5-10 minutes before serving; use caution, as the cheese will likely still be quite hot.
- Muffin tin