This is the keto version of a cucumber sandwich—and if you ask me, this version is far more refreshing, as all too frequently, the white bread used in the original gets soggy.
ENGLISH TEA BITES
Category: Appetizer, Snack Calorie Count: 96 (for six tea bites) Macronutrient ratio: Carb-induced calories—12% Protein: 3 grams Carbohydrates: 3 grams Total Fat: 8 grams
- 1 cucumber large and peeled
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 2 teaspoons dill fresh and finely chopped
- black pepper freshly ground
- Slice the cucumber into 24 rounds, each of which should be roughly 1/4-inch thick, placing them in a single layer between two kitchen towels to help absorb some of their extra moisture. Place a cutting board over the top of the upper towel to help press some of the extra moisture out. Let sit 5 minutes.
- Mix the cream cheese and dill in a small bowl, before spreading it over half the cucumber slices. Sprinkle your freshly ground black pepper over the top before completing with the other half of the cucumber slices on top. Secure the cucumber sandwiches with toothpicks and serve.
Customize as you see fit, but few combinations are better than cream cheese, dill, and black pepper. I've had luck with mint, basil, and other savory seasonings as well, however. And while these are obviously great with tea, feel free to have them anytime you'd like, or for any occasion. Tools Needed:
- Paring knife
- Cutting board
- Two kitchen towels
- Small bowl
- Spreading spoon
- Serving tray