Deviled eggs have long been a favorite snack for keto practitioners. This fatty fish bomb, however, is another level up. Omega-3 fatty acids make it both delicious and healthy, and depending on what fatty fish you use, the variety of flavor combinations is equally impressive.
FISHY FAT BOMB DEVILED EGGS
- 4 Eggs hard-boiled
- 1/2 cup canned mackerel or other fish of choice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice preferably fresh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 spring onion sliced
- Starting by carefully slicing your hard-boiled eggs in half, followed by spooning out the yolks into a separate bowl, taking care not to break the whites; set the whites aside for later use.
- In a mixing bowl, use a fork to mix your mackerel pieces, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and olive oil with your egg yolks.
- Season with salt and pepper to desired taste before using a small spoon to transfer the egg yolk mixture back into the egg white halves. Garnish with your sliced spring onion before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days if not serving immediately.
- Mixing bowl
- Serving tray (or refrigerator-safe airtight container)