This take on tahini fudge is a little more upscale, and may remind you a bit of a green tea latte. Smooth and simple, the bit of green tea also offers a little bit of caffeine for when you need a little bit of a mid-day pick-me-up.
I love to roll these in matcha powder for an added bump in the day. I have found that matcha offers some amazing health benefits such as; lowering cholesterol, weight loss, immune support, less stress, beautiful hair and nails, improved memory, detox, and energy.
In order to find the best match available you want to make sure its USDA Organic and fresh. Real Matcha will be really green, even bright green! Ceremonial tea is the highest grade. Encha and Mizuba are both really good match teas to try out.
Check out the benefits of matcha green tea for yourself!
GREEN TEA TAHINI BITES
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vanilla stevia to taste
- Blend all of your ingredients in a food processor, pulsing as needed to ensure a smooth creamy texture. Pour into a silicone mini-muffin tray, silicone ice cube tray, or into a small loaf pan (lined with parchment paper).
- Stick in the freezer until well set, then either pop the bites out of the molds or cut the loaf into bite-sized squares. Keep in an airtight container in the freezer for the best texture.
- Food processor
- Silicone mini-muffin tin, silicone ice cube tray, or small loaf pan (in which case you'll also need parchment paper)