During these chilly winter months, I love nothing more than a nice hot cup of joe! I used to drink a lot of coffee through out the day- mainly to keep myself from shoving the office donuts in my mouth!
But now I can have my high fat keto latte frothed up with a little vanilla and cinnamon and it keeps me satisfied for hours and away from the evil kitchen pastries!!!
For those of us who may be accustomed to a syrupy latte or frappuccino every morning, adjusting to the absence of those sugary coffee drinks can be one of the hardest parts of adjusting to a keto diet. Adding a coffee rich with delicious fats, however, can be a tremendous help.
We recommend starting with a single tablespoon of MCT oil and a single tablespoon of butter, then adjusting as your taste dictates. You may be surprised to note how much energy it gives you to start your day!
Keto High Fat Vanilla Cinnamon Latte
- 1 cup high-quality coffee ground and brewed
- 1 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1 tablespoon MCT oil
- 1 tablespoon collagen hydrolysate powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened dark cocoa powder *If you are not a vanilla fan, chocolate works well too!
- dash ground cinnamon
- Start with a cup of hot delicious coffee!
- In a blender, blend your coffee, butter, and oil until frothy. If you prefer, you may instead use an immersion blender. I love the kitchen aid hand blender to whip it good!
- Add in Vanilla, Cocoa powder, or Cinnamon as desired!!!
- Blender and/or immersion blender