One of the best parts about this is both how simple it is and how readily adjustable it is. Flavored mayonnaises are just a simple step away from this starter recipe (wasabi mayo, anyone?), and once you’ve gotten the hang of making your own mayo, you’ll never buy the store-bought chemical-laden stuff again.
The keto diet has opened so many doors for me when it comes to preparing my own food. It really brought my attention to the chemicals and unnatural ingredients in the foods we were eating. This really made me shift my focus not only on losing weight, but getting healthier- not just for me but my family as well!
This keto mayo is not just something I make for myself and my “diet”. No, this is really a lifestyle change for all of us. I enjoy making things that are healthy for my family and showing them what can be done with food. You can be so creative with all the different ingredients and ways to make things.
Another one of my favorite homemade condiments is Keto BBQ sauce– give it a try! We think you will like it.
HOMEMADE KETO MAYONNAISE
- 2 egg yolks room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, add your yolks and Dijon mustard, mixing well with a hand whisk or mixer. As the mixture comes together, drizzle in your avocado oil slowly, a few drops at a time.
- As you add the oil, keep an eye on the consistency; add more olive oil if necessary, but be careful not to overdo it.
- Next add your apple cider vinegar and lemon juice to give your mayonnaise that light yellow color, mixing well. Season with salt, and if your mayonnaise is too think, consider adding a few drops of water or lemon juice to help smooth it back out.
- Store your mayonnaise in a glass jar in the refrigerator. It should keep for up to a week.
- Large bowl
- Hand whisk or mixer
- Airtight glass jar