First, it is important to note that there are two very incredible ingredients within the name; bacon and asparagus. Add to that the fact that this is both keto-friendly and delicious. This keto bacon asparagus cheddar hemp seed omelet is truly a win-win. Its so good that you’ll want to eat it weekly if not daily.
One of the most important things to track when cooking an omelet is the texture of the bottom layer.
We do not want them over-done, and when you flip an omelet too soon before the bottom is cooked thoroughly, you will likely end up with scrambled eggs as I have on many occasions.
DO NOT let this recipe intimidate you because of everything we just discussed. All it takes is attention to detail and good timing.
Hemp Seed has some amazing health properties as well as healthy fat. Hemp seeds contain over 30% fat. They are rich in two essential fatty acids, linoleic acid (omega-6) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3).
You can sprinkle them on food or bake into a dish to add healthy fats. They offer a very mild nutty flavor and tons of nutrients.
Keto Bacon Asparagus Cheddar Hemp Seed Omelet
- 2 pieces bacon
- 1 T hemp oil
- 4 pieces asparagus
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 T heavy cream
- 1 T hemp seeds I like the hulled hemp seed
- 1/2 ounce sharp cheddar cheese
- Heat your skillet over medium heat and brown your two slices of bacon. Once browned, set them aside to cool.
- Chop the bacon. Then add hemp oil to the bacon grease remaining in the pan. Stir thoroughly.
- Get your mixing bowl and add your chopped bacon, chopped asparagus, heavy cream, eggs, and hemp seeds. Mix well until combined.
- Turn up the heat on your skillet and add in your egg mix. Continue to cook on a medium temp. for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add your sharp cheddar (or cheese of choice) to the omelet and fold in half.
- Cook until it is no longer runny and at a desirable consistency. This should take between 5 to 8 minutes. When satisfied with your omelets, plate them.
- A skillet
- Measuring spoons
- A mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- A mixing spoon