Chinese food hits the spot almost any time. Besides, what is better than visiting the local Chinese buffet or ordering take out from your favorite little spot? While Chinese cuisine does contain a lot of vegetables and the like, most of the time however, it is just plain unhealthy and not always keto friendly. This keto egg roll in a bowl take on the traditional is just as good if not better!
You still get all the crunchy and savory flavors without the added oils and sodium, anyone on a diet knows to avoid!
Luckily, if you like Chinese food, you do not have to give it up entirely while on the keto diet. This recipe will certainly prove satisfying and is a great lunch or dinner option.
The keto seasonings keep it no sugar friendly and the balance between veggies and meat make for the perfect keto ratio. I use THIS Thai Sugar Free Rice Vinegar. Its perfect for keto dishes, cucumber salads, cauliflower rice and other dishes that need a little flavor and includes no added sugar!
You can find a list of which keto veggies to eat and which to avoid as well to help you make different choices when it comes to cooking your veggies alongside proteins and in different cuisines.
You would be surprised how even just certain vegetables can kick you out of ketosis and wreck your diet plan! Stay on track with a list and keep exploring new recipes that make you and your taste buds happy!
We hope you enjoy our keto egg roll in a bowl recipe and would love to hear what you think of it! Did you give it a try or alter the recipe? How did it turn out?
Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 C diced onion
- 2 T sesame oil
- 2 T toasted sesame seeds
- 1 T rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 14 ounce bag of coleslaw
- 3 T coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 pound ground pork *Ground beef is ok too
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 T Sriracha
- Heat your sesame oil in a large skillet over a medium-high flame (temp).
- Toss your garlic, white portion of the green onions, and your onion in the pan. Sauté until your onions are translucent and the garlic is aromatic.
- Add your pound of ground pork, the ginger, pepper, sea salt, and finally, the Sriracha. Sauté until your meat is thoroughly cooked.
- Add the coconut aminos, coleslaw mix, and rice wine vinegar. Continue cooking until your coleslaw is tender to the bite. (Remember… always taste everything!)
- Remove from the heat and top with green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve hot. Enjoy!
1) A large skillet
2) A spatula
3) Measuring spoons
4) A sharp knife
5) A cutting board