If coffee drinks aren’t your morning beverage of choice, consider this keto golden chai. Based off of golden milk, it’s rich with turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties, and the classic chai spices help give it a boost.
This can be a great way to start your day, or a fantastic way to wind down in the evening. Use your discretion.
Since tumeric does not contain caffeine it wont keep you up or react negatively on your system, but gives you lots of health rewards! Plus this keto friendly golden chai drink is actually amazingly delicious.
Turmeric contains bioactive compounds with powerful medicinal properties:
- Curcumin is a Natural Anti-Inflammatory Compound
- Turmeric Dramatically Increases The Antioxidant Capacity of The Body
- Turmeric Can Help Prevent (And Perhaps Even Treat) Cancer
- Curcumin Boosts Brain-Derived Neurotrophic Factor, Linked to Improved
- Brain Function and a Lower Risk of Brain Diseases
- Curcumin Leads to Various Improvements That Should Lower Your Risk of Heart Disease
- Curcumin May be Useful in Preventing and Treating Alzheimer’s Disease
- Studies Show That Curcumin Has Incredible Benefits Against Depression
Give this unique warm drink a try and let us know your thoughts!
- 1 1/2 cups nut milk of choice (or make your own)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or MCT oil)
- 1 teaspoon Chai Spice Blend
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 drops liquid stevia (adjust to taste)
Chai Spice Blend
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon collagen powder
- Start by making your Chai Spice Blend. After mixing well, set aside 1 teaspoon, which you'll use in the Golden Chai; store the other 6 teaspoons for future use.
- Once that's done, warm the nut milk, your teaspoon of chai spices, turmeric, and pepper in a small saucepan until just before boiling. Without letting it boil, simmer for several minutes.
- Stir in your coconut (or MCT) oil, vanilla, stevia (start with fewer drops, rather than more), and if using, collagen powder.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until lightly frothy. Taste and adjust sweetness; be careful not to make it too sweet.
- Small saucepan
- Blender and/or immersion blender