OK- I must admit that I am a bit of a spice freak. I feel like the heat does some fat burning good in my body and the added flavor makes the taste so delicious! Not sure if that’s accurate of not… but in my mind, it makes sense!
I also love savory and salty foods so these awesome bacon wrapped Jalapeno popper egg muffin cups have been a staple in my diet. Sometimes I mix it up with ham instead of bacon or use turkey bacon,or even no bacon (gawd forbid!). There are a few bacon brands you can find that are sugar and nitrate free so always go for those first. The paleo bacon is delicious and tasty with no added sugar.
While bacon is ok to eat on the Keto diet- its not good for every meal… jalepeno’s are though 😉
And while Jalepeno poppers are so popular, they are not keto friendly as it is! Luckily for those on a keto diet there is a healthy keto twist on this popular food that makes for a wonderful, healthy, nutritious breakfast or snack. Proven to be kid friendly as well.
Keto Jalapeno Popper Egg Muffin Cups
- 4 oz chedder cheese
- 12 strips bacon
- 8 large Eggs
- 4 jalepeno peppers *Strip the seeds out
- 3 oz Cream Cheese
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 pinches salt and pepper
- First and foremost, you are going to want to prep your ingredients for a smooth cooking process. Measure your cheese and prep the jalapenos by de-seeding them and chopping them. Make sure you save one jalapeno for garnishing and preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2) Get your bacon into a hot frying pan and cook it until it is par-cooked and still workable. Save any bacon grease that remains in the pan.
- Use your hand mixer and blend your eggs, jalapenos, cream cheese, remaining bacon grease, and seasonings.
- Oil/grease the wells of your muffin tin and line the edges with you par-cooked bacon
- Add your egg, cheese, and jalapeno mixture to the wells of your muffin pan approximately 2/3 of the way as they will rise.
- Top ‘muffins’ with cheddar cheese and a jalapeno. Place in your oven and cook for approximately 20 – 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool a bit
- Serve warm with dipping sauce of choice! I love a little extra hot sauce of course! *photo from paleoleap.com
- A muffin pan
- A large mixing bowl
- A hand mixer
- A frying pan
- A serving spoon