I’ve already mentioned how I love kimchi (check out our homemade Kimchi Recipe). And one of my favorite ways to eat it is as part of this gut-healthy kimchi scramble. It has so much flavor and is a guaranteed way to get you through the day. I love spicy foods as well so most times I turn up the eat a notch, but you can eat the mild version as well. This a great way to add flavor to an ordinary dish.
This dish could not be simpler and you can even use left over items you have in the fridge. I just scramble my eggs like I normally would, toss in some kale, bok choy, or even spinach and cook it up. Once the eggs have a little constancy, I toss in the kimchi and warm it up. Sometimes I will eat it cold to preserve all the pro-biotic bacteria in the fermented food that is so good for your gut and health.
Feel free to add some addition veggies if you like or serve with a slice of bread from one of the keto bread recipes we just can’t get enough of! Nothing like scrambled eggs and toast for a keto breakfast!
- 6 Eggs large
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 cup shiitake mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup leafy greens chopped
- 1 cup kimchi
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Crack the eggs into a bowl, whisking well with a fork. Set aside.
- In a large greased saucepan, cook your mushrooms 4-5 minutes over medium heat before adding the greens and cooking an additional minute or two.
- Add your kimchi and eggs, cooking 2-3 minutes or until the eggs are done. Season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
- Chopping knife
- Cutting board Bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Large saucepan
- Serving spoon
- Serving plates