For those new to the keto diet, fat bombs are delicious high-fat, low-carb and low-protein snacks. They are ideal for those who need to add healthy fats into their diet to meet their personal macronutrient targets. They are also a terrific convenient of energy and are super tasty- sweet and savory. One of my very favorite recipes is the lemon cheesecake fat bomb- I love lemon!! If you do too, then you are in for a treat.
Fat bombs are usually made from a combination of ingredients such as butter, coconut oil, nuts and seeds, nut butters, or cream cheese. Fat bombs were initially designed for those following the Ketogenic diet but many low carb dieters find them an easy way to add protein and good fats to their diet.
The goal of a Keto Diet or even Low carb diet is to eat a high-fat, low-carb that induces ketosis, a state of starvation where the body begins to burn fat instead of carbohydrates. You need to sustain a certain amount of fat for your body to burn to stay in a state of ketosis.
Fat bombs make for great snacks or even party appetizers! Grab one or two for a snack and you will find yourself full and happy.
Lemon Cheesecake Fat Bombs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 ounces full fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons swerve or stevia sweetener I find that the confectioners sugar makes it smoother
- 1 1/2 ounces Fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp Zest of one lemon
- Mix coconut oil, unsalted butter, cream cheese, and sugar sweetener together with a hand mixer until very smooth. 4. Pop out of molds and keep frozen until needed.
- Add lemon juice and the zest together to the mix and blend well.
- Spoon into silicone molds, muffin wrappers or onto wax paper and freeze until firm.
- EAT.. nom nom nom
Total Fat 9g
Saturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrate 1g