I love lemon and chicken- its comfort food at its best. This keto lemon tarragon chicken is made with flavorful thighs and uses crème fraiche for that amazingly rich and delectable taste.
I especially love this chicken with steamed broccoli, as the contrast of the citrus flavors just works for me, but you know what appeals to your palate. Just remember that lean meats (such as chicken) go best with healthy fats, and work with what you already know works best for palate combinations.
Keto Parmesan Chicken Tenders with lemon are another favorite chicken dish of mine if you enjoy citrus flavors. These are adored by my kids and too good to pass up for a quick lunch or picnic.
Eating keto can mean a lot of things for a lot of people and everyone has their own favorite flavors and tastebuds. Each of the ingredients we choose in our meals will alter the macros and calories outcome so be sure to take note of everything you are cooking with and if you substitute, be sure to calculate the new ingredient careful.
Understanding macros can be difficult in the beginning but once you get used to the calculations and really once you start to know how your body reacts- keeping you in ketosis is not as hard as it may seem. Keep a food diary as well helps a lot in tracking down miscalculations or stalls.
Keep at it and enjoy the progress. Its been an amazing journey for me and each and every day I thank god for pushing me down this path.
LEMON TARRAGON CHICKEN
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken thighs skinless and boneless
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or substitute with butter
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup crème fraiche or substitute sour cream
- 2 tablespoons tarragon chopped
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Pat the chicken thighs dry with a paper towel before seasoning and salting and peppering to taste. Place in a hot pan greased with 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Cook over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes before flipping and cooking an additional 1-2 minutes. Transfer your browned thighs to a small plate and set aside.
- Use the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil to regrease your pan, adding your onion and cooking until lightly browned and fragrant, roughly 5 minutes.
- Return your chicken to the pan, adding your chicken stock, lemon juice, crème fraiche, and half of your tarragon. After bringing the stock to a boil, cover with a lid, lowering the heat to medium-low, cooking for roughly 10 minutes, until tender and cooked through.
- As the chicken cooks, steal or boil your broccoli florets until it reaches your desired texture, generally 3-4 minutes.
- Pull the chicken from heat and add the remaining tarragon, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Mix well, serving with broccoli. If saving for later, store after it cools and refrigerate for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months
- Paper towel
- Frying pan with lid
- Saucepan for broccoli
- Serving plates