When it comes to bacon cheeseburgers, you are going to be hard pressed to find someone who does not like them. Some of the best meals I have ever enjoyed were in little hole in the wall pubs/bars with delicious, burgers and fries. Sign, such are the days!
Obviously, this isn’t something we can enjoy on an everyday basis because of our health or for those of us on a low carb/keto diet! There are however, recipes like this low carb bacon cheeseburger casserole that satisfy your bacon/burger cravings while allowing you to remain on your keto diet. Or give our cheeseburger soup a try!
This is a simple meal that you can make ahead a leave in the freezer as well or use as meal plan for the week. My whole family loves this dish. Of course I tend to had a few jalapenos on top while my husband adds dill and some other spices. Serve it up with a nice salad and you have the perfect meal anytime. Re-heats well.
Low-Carb Bacon Cheeseburger Casserole
Ground beef layer:
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 slices bacon *Paleo or Sugar free
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion- sliced
- 1/2 cup full fat cream cheese
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 2 T mustard
- 3 Eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 pickles- sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded *to sprinkle on top
- Fry your bacon and set aside for later
- Fry up your garlic, onion, and beef until the meat is thoroughly cooked. Add your salt and pepper and add/stir in your cream cheese.
- Add your beef portion to the baking dish and put the bacon over top.
- Mix together your eggs, cream, salt and pepper, cheese, and mustard until thoroughly combined to begin your sauce.
- Upon completion, pour the cheese sauce over the meat in the casserole dish.
- Place your pickle slices on the next layer along with the remainder of your shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until the cheese is crispy and browned.
1) A casserole dish
2) A frying pan or baking sheet (depending on how you like to cook your bacon)
3) A cutting board
4) A mixing bowl
5) Mixing spoons
6) Measuring spoons
7) A sharp knife
8) A cutting board
9) Measuring cups