Nachos are another one of those snack foods for which it’s easy to develop a craving. And of course on the keto diet, you cant eat the chips or beans that complete the feel of real nachos.
You don’t have to resist that craving, though, with these crunchy low carb sweet pepper nacho bites, which will help you fulfill that craving without busting your keto diet. Whoohoo!
We made these without a meat filling but you can add hamburger or chicken for an extra protein kick if you wish. We find that the guacamole and cheesy goodness satisfies us for hours and keeps us going through the day just fine- even if we throw in a little work out.
Fighting cravings on the keto diet or really any diet is half the battle. And finding the right substitute is a challenge. We are creatures of comfort here at KetoBabble.com so we are here to help!
When your brain is telling you that you need a certain type of food- whether it is a comfort food, a salty snack, a sweet treat, or even a healthy apple, grab a glass of water first. Drink the entire glass and give yourself 5 min to see if that craving is still there.
Sometimes I grab a sparkling water and lemon and pour it in a fancy glass to pretend I am having something special- this usually helps kick the craving and gives me time to evaluate what it is my body really needs.
Often times dehydration and thirst can mimic hunger, so next time you feel the need to snack or grab an healthy treat, try a glass of water first and then figure out what you need.
Low Carb Sweet Pepper Nacho Bites
- 12 sweet peppers mini-sized
- 1/2 cup cheese shredded flavor of choice
- 1/2 cup guacamole
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup full fat sour cream drizzled on top
- 12 slices jalepeno peppers
- While preheating your oven to 400 F, slice each of your peppers in half lengthwise, carefully seeding them as well.
- With their cut side up, place up to a teaspoon of shredded cheese inside each pepper half, being careful to space your pepper slices on a baking sheet. Bake 3-5 minutes, just enough for the cheese to begin melting.
- Remove your nacho bites from the oven, topping each with a teaspoon of salsa, guacamole, jalapeno for that extra kick and drizzle some sour cream on top. Add a bit of lime juice before serving immediately.
- Paring knife
- Baking sheet