When I look through all the amazing recipes out there on the keto diet, there is a ton of yummy desserts and bacon loaded appetizers and more. Sometimes you just want a healthy delicious salad right that is satisfying and not just a head of lettuce and some dressing.
This superstar salad is simple yet full of protein, deliciously simple and the perfect office lunch or really anytime lunch! And no- this is not a Starkist sponsored post- its just a very convenient way to make a quick delicious lunch time meal 😉 Any kind of tuna or any kind of brand work!
The white Albacore and Lemon pepper are my favorite for just eating plain and simple. If you want to get fancy and make actual tuna salad, that works as well and is just as delicious mixed up with some mayo and celery for crunch.
I like to drizzle my salads in olive oil with a bit of pink Himalayan salt. I love my pink salt and use it on everything!
This is a salad sure to satisfy even the hungriest of folks, however it does have a bit more protein carbs than the keto diet calls for- this is why I have called it low carb. You could leave out the seeds or cut back a bit on the tuna to make it more keto friendly but as is, its a great meal when you need those few extra carbs or after a good workout.
Low Carb Tuna Superstar Salad
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1 1/2 cups sliced veggies (use what you have available, though I recommend bell peppers, carrots, beets, broccoli, zucchini, and mushrooms)
- 1 can tuna 5 ounces; packedwater; drained
- 1/4 cup mixed nuts (walnuts, pecans, and almonds are all good choices)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 slice lemon
- In a large salad bowl, layer your greens, veggies, and cheese.
- With a fork, flake your drained can of tuna over the top, before sprinkling with nuts and seeds and drizzling with olive oil.
- Voila! You have a superstar salad base, and you can mix it up every single day by changing out your veggie, nut, and seed options, so this salad never has to be the same as the day before.
- Large salad bowl