Mexican chorizo is perfectly fatty, spicy, and filling when you need a sausage for burgers or other easy meat dishes. Even better, it’s not hard to make—at least if you can find the ground pork. While ground pork can be hard to find in some supermarkets, many butcher shops or Mexican markets can hook you up. You may find that given how easy this chorizo is to make, you just can’t stay away!
You can use chorizo in tacos, burritos, with egg dishes, keto casseroles, and even just eaten alone. Its a delicious food that brings many cuisines to life with its flavor.
- 2 pounds pork ground and fatty
- 6 tablespoons Mexican chili powder ancho, guajillo, or a combination of the two
- 1 tablespoon Mexican oregano dried
- 2 teaspoons cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon ground
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper ground
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice ground
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves ground
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 4 bay leaves crumbled
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- With all of your ingredients in a large bowl, mix well. If using your hands, wear gloves. Cover your bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate to let set, preferably for at least 2 hours (and ideally overnight) before using.
- Refrigerate for use within the next three days, or freeze in smaller portions for use up to three months in the future.
- Large bowl
- Plastic wrap