There are lots of low-fuss ways to make fish, but this Mediterranean fish bake is one of my favorites, and it’s especially easy as it’s a one baking pan meal, making cleanup incredibly straightforward.
This fish dish adds some delicious veggies and herbs to flavor any fish you choose. I prefer a wild caught fresh fish or a nice light mild fish. I choose Sea Bass for this meal as it has a nice light flavor and is easy to cook in the oven.
If you have non keto diet fans in the house who need some carbs, you can throw some potatoes into the pan for them. I have also been known to add some olives and some feta cheese but the olive oil adds great flavor and healthy fats.
This is a simple one pan dish that uses many ingredients but is easy to make and cook. Often times I even too lazy to chop up the veggies- I just rip them into smaller chunks and toss some olive oil and Himalayan salt and toss in the oven with a few herbs.
Makes for a great low calorie lunch as well if you partake in weekly meal planning. I usually add a bit of olive oil on top before I re-heat and it makes a wonderfully moist dish that wont stink up the microwave!n The health benefits of fish and Omega -3 is well known and a great protein to eat while on the keto diet.
MEDITERRANEAN FISH BAKE
- 1/4 cup ghee melted
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 eggplant
- 2 zucchini sliced
- 1 bell pepper sliced, color dependent on your preference
- 1 bunch broccolini florets
- 5 ounces tomatoes sliced (or adjust based on preferences)
- 1 red onion sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped herbs (basil, oregano, and parsley are my recommendations, but use your preferred tastes)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 4 fillets sea bass or other white fish
- 1 lemon sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. While that warms, mix your ghee and garlic in a small bowl before setting aside.
- Roughly dice your eggplant into 1-inch pieces, placing all your veggies in a large baking tray before sprinkling with the chopped herbs (setting some aside for garnish), seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, and drizzling with your prepared garlic ghee. Place in the oven and bake 15 minutes.
- After that first 15-minute bake, pull out of the oven, placing your fish fillets (seasoned with salt and pepper according to your preferences) skin-side up on top of the eggplant, topping with lemon slices. Increase the oven temperature to 475 F while you do that, giving the oven a chance to heat the rest of the way up. Place the baking tray in the oven, baking 8-12 minutes, as needed by the fish. (If so desired, you can use the broiler to crisp up the skin the last few minutes.)
- Pull from the oven, discarding the lemon slices, drizzling the fish with olive oil and sprinkling with the herbs set aside for garnishing earlier.
- Chopping knife
- Cutting board
- Baking tray
- Serving spoon
- Serving plates