This is another one of those super-versatile starter recipes. Use what you know about keto principles and adopt and modify readily. Grab the Kale Avocado Pesto recipe from us and make a healthy and delicious keto breakfast in under 5 minutes!
I love making this for lunch and seriously- don’t judge me eating breakfast for lunch.., its awesome! It heats up really well in the microwave too- just add your toppings after and it will come out perfect each time.
These Kale Avocado Pesto Omelet Wraps are also great for after a good workout. Power foods and protein are the ultimate package here. Its an easy finger food and you can make a batch all at once for the week. My son will grab an omelet roll on his way out the door to school.
We will also sometimes add additional avocado, tomatoes (from our garden!!), bacon, or even some herbs to make it a super hardy lunch. Its great for meal planning since it can be made a day ahead or two.
You can use several different dipping sauces or sprinkle some extra cheese before re-heating and enjoying. And… of course, don’t forget the hot sauce if you like 🙂
PESTO OMELET WRAPS
- 3 Eggs large
- 1 tablespoon Kale Avocado Pesto
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup feta crumbled
- 4 olives chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a bowl, crack your eggs, and whisk with a fork.
- Roughly chop the spinach before adding it to the bowl with the eggs, then pour the mixture into a hot pan greased with melted butter. Add your feta and chopped olives, cooking 3-5 minutes over medium heat to let the top start to firm up.
- Remove from heat once cooked and slide the omelet onto a chopping board lined with parchment paper. Add the kale avocado pesto sauce on top along with any other ingredients you like.
- Using the parchment paper as a guide (and to keep from burning your fingers), roll the omelet up into a wrap, pulling the paper aside once rolled. Serve as is, or keep for future lunches, feeling free to fill with additional fillings as you so desire.
- Large pan
- Cutting board
- Parchment paper