When it’s tomato season, few things are better than this fresh salsa. I definitely prefer mine a bit on the spicier side, so feel free to adjust the heat to your preference, and consider adding extra cilantro (or even mint) if you’re looking for a more refreshing salsa.
PICO DE GALLO
- 3 peppers medium-sized jalapenos or serranos
- 1 red bell pepper small
- 1 pound tomatoes
- 1 red onion small
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 spring onions sliced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup cilantro freshly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper ground
- Halve your peppers, removing the seeds and membranes. Dice your peppers, tomatoes, and red onion finely before placing in a mixing bowl.
- Add your garlic, spring onions, lime juice, olive oil, and seasonings and mix well, combining.
- Either serve immediately or transfer to a jar with a lid and seal, refrigerating for up to 3 days.
- Chopping knife
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowl
- Airtight refrigerator-safe jar