This is one of the simplest recipes I regularly use: It only has six main ingredients. The combination of fatty pork, filling radish, and gut-healthy sauerkraut is just such a perfect combination of flavors and textures.
PORK RADISH HASH
Category: Dinner Calorie Count: 679 Macronutrient ratio: Carb-induced calories—2% Protein: 13 grams Carbohydrates: 3 grams Total Fat: 67 grams
- 1 pound pork belly sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds radishes quartered
- 1 cup sauerkraut drained
- 1/4 teaspoon caraway seeds
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley freshly chopped
- Start by placing the sliced pork belly in a large pan, adding your water, and cooking over medium-high heat until the water starts to boil. Reduce your heat to medium, cooking until the water evaporates and the pork fat rendered. Reduce your heat to low and cook until the meat is lightly browned and crispy, roughly 10 minutes. Remove the meat from the pan and let cool before cutting into pieces.
- Add your radishes, sauerkraut, and caraway seeds to the pan, adding salt and pepper to taste, and cook 5-10 minutes until the radishes have softened slightly. Return the cooked pork belly to the pan to rewarm before removing from heat, adding parsley, and serving.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Large pan
- Slotted spoon
- Serving plates