I love crispy asparagus and crispy veggies! One of my favorite veggie side dishes is prosciutto wrapped asparagus- naturally keto friendly and low carb! Many people like their asparagus on the more al dente style so feel to take it out of the oven when it looks good.
I like to add a few minutes to really crisp of the veggies and meat. These wrapped asparagus apps are perfect for dipping or snacking on anytime as they pack protein and vitamins. Sprinkle them with cheese or pair them with a spicy mustard sauce for an added kick.
Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 pound)
- 4 ounces prosciutto
- 1 cup Parmesean Cheese shredded
- 1 tsp avacado oil
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Preheat your broiler while preparing the asparagus. Bend the asparagus lightly; they should naturally snap to separate the woody end of the stems from the tasty side. Discard the woody ends, and lightly grease a rimmed baking tray.
- Cut the prosciutto strips in half lengthwise.
- In groups of two or three asparagus stalks, gently wrap the prosciutto diagonally around your asparagus spears, leaving just the tips showing. Be gentle to not tear the prosciutto, though if it does tear just do your best to continue wrapping gently. Place each wrapped bundle on the baking tray, being careful not to overlap them.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste, then place the baking tray on an oven rack about four inches above the broiler, watching carefully. As soon as the prosciutto crisps (about two minutes), flip the bundles to crisp the other side, usually only a minute or two longer.
Large rimmed baking tray
Oven safe tongs