Most jams are full of sugars and additives. Not so with this raspberry chia jam recipe, which doesn’t require pectin and is far more fat-laden (and lower in sugars) than the vast majority of jams out there.
The chia seeds give it a great texture, too, so give it a go, and you may well find yourself no longer craving less healthy options.
You can use this jam on top keto friendly pancakes and muffin options, meats, on top of homemade yogurt, or just eat it by the spoonful if you are need of a sweet treat! You can substitute blackberries for raspberries as well and have a few options in the fridge or freezer.
This jam recipe is actually very easy and takes only about 25 minutes to complete. Making your own food, sauces, and condiments is much easier than you could imagine- even on the keto diet! It is so much better for your body and soul as well.
Knowing what goes into your foods and what you are giving your family to eat is such a wonderful feeling. Healthy, real, natural foods and meals is something to fuel your life. Whether you are looking to eat better or lose weight, understanding how natural foods affect our bodies and minds is step number one!
RASPBERRY CHIA JAM
- 3 cups raspberries fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons erythritol or substitute with 10 drops liquid stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder or substitute with 1 ½ teaspoons sugar-free vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Using a fork and bowl (or a food processors) mash or crush your raspberries. Place your mashed raspberries in a saucepan, adding your water before bringing to a boil over medium heat, cooking 2-3 minutes to soften. Remove the saucepan from heat.
- Add your erythritol (or liquid stevia) and vanilla powder (or substitute), mixing well before adding the chia seeds. Stir in until well-mixed before letting the mixture cool 20 minutes to thicken.
- Store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to 1 week.
- Bowl and fork (or food processor)
- Refrigerator-safe air-tight container for storage
- Ice cube tray
- Freezer bag