Another quick lunchbox wrap, the combination of fats and proteins make this salmon chard wrap a delectable choice. If you are a fan of salmon and cream cheese, then this is a dish you will heartily enjoy.
The avocado, cream cheese and salmon gives a huge protein boost just prefect for a work lunch or post work our meal. This is one of our favorite wraps along with the keto cubano – a definite must try!
Salmon is a great protein to eat. Not only does it give essential nutrients and vitamins, but its got lots of good fats and no carbs. I try to make a salmon dish once a week for my family as its so nutritious. If you are lucky enough to be able and find wild caught Alaskan Salmon- give it a try! Yes, its a bit more expensive but its delicious and better than farmed.
This salmon chard wrap is so beautiful looking as well creamy and delicious. If you are not a fan of one of the items, you can customize this meal quite a bit. We have added red onions and even used low carb wraps in place of chard for the kids. Give it a try and let us know you think!
SALMON CHARD WRAPS
- 8 chard leaves or collard leaves,according to taste preference
- 1/2 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- 4 ounces smoked salmon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 1 tablespoon chives freshly chopped (or dill according to preference)
- After bringing a large pot of water to boil, blanch chard or collard leaves for 20-30 seconds before using tongs to remove your leaves from the boiling water and cooling in ice water.
- After draining and drying the leaves with a clean dish towel or paper towel, chop them on a cutting board (after first pulling the stems aside).
- Next, peel and cut your cucumber in thin strips before peeling and slicing your avocado. Again, set aside.
- Drizzle your salmon with lemon juice.
- Now you're ready to assemble your wraps. Grab two leaves, overlapping for better surface area. Next, lay your salmon pieces in the center of your wraps before spooning your cream cheese on top before adding the chives, cucumber, and avocado.
- Roll up like a burrito, using a toothpick to secure if necessary. If not eating immediately, store refrigerated for up to 2 days.
- Large pot
- Dish towel or paper towel
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Serving plates or refrigerator safe storage