Have I mentioned how much I love skillet dishes? Nut-free and keto-friendly, this is one of my favorite skillet desserts. Its soooo good and ooey gooey!!! I have made this camping a few times as well and it always turns out amazing. I mean, really how can you mess it up… its chocolate ooey gooey goodness!
Skillet dishes are some of my favorite because they are easy to make and create a a crisp outside while keeping the inside warm, chewy and moist. You can make them in your oven or even on a campfire stove top.
You can top it with some amazing keto ice cream even for an extra delicious treat that will surely make a keto believer out of anyone!
- 1/3 cup butter melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup prepared coffee or almond milk will work to substitute
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds ground
- 1/3 cup powdered erythritol
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder or substitute with vanilla powder
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons baking powder gluten-free
- liquid stevia extract to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350. As that warms, mix your melted butter (keeping aside 1 teaspoon for greasing), eggs, and coffee in a bowl before adding the cocoa powder, chia seeds, erythritol, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. If so desired, you can add a little liquid stevia for a sweeter brownie.
- Pour your dough into a cast iron skillet or an 8” square baking pan, either greased with your teaspoon of butter or lined with parchment paper. Bake 12-15 minutes for fudge-like brownies or up to 18 minutes for cake-consistency brownies. Be careful not to overbake, as the brownie will continue to cook a little more after you pull it out.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting into 8 slices to serve.
- Cast iron skillet (or 8” square baking pan)
- Parchment paper, if so desired
- Serving plates