Careful with this one—it’s addictive.
SPICY BEEF SLAW
Category: Lunch, Snack Calorie Count: 462 Macronutrient ratio: Carb-induced calories—7% Protein: 23 grams Carbohydrates: 8 grams Total Fat: 36 grams
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 red onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger freshly grated
- 1 pound coleslaw mix or sliced cabbage of your preference
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or substitute with red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or lime juice if preferred
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- erythritol or liquid stevia to taste
- In a large pan greased with 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil, brown your ground beef, seasoning with salt and pepper to your preferred taste, using a slotted spoon to transfer to a bowl when done.
- In the same pan, regrease with the remaining tablespoon of coconut oil, adding your red onion, garlic, and ginger, cooking until fragrant and lightly browned—roughly 3 minutes. Add your cabbage and cook until still crisp but tender.
- Finally, add your seasonings—Sriracha, coconut aminos, lemon juice, sesame oil, and erythritol.
- Finish by adding your ground beef back to the pan, mixing well to allow flavors to combine. Once fully mixed, remove from heat, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste, either serving immediately or letting the slaw cool before storing in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
While I fully believe this recipe is plenty addictive as is, I've also tasted some pretty delicious variations, so feel free to made changes as you see fit. Tools Needed:
- Frying pan
- Bowl for the beef
- Serving bowls or refrigerator-safe storage