Strawberries. Rhubarb. I can’t imagine a more perfect pairing for warm summer nights.
STRAWBERRY RHUBARB FOOL
Category: Dessert Calorie Count: 275 Macronutrient ratio: Carb-induced calories—8% Protein: 2 grams Carbohydrates: 6 grams Total Fat: 29 grams
- 1 cup strawberries fresh or frozen, halved
- 1 1/4 cups rhubarb fresh sliced
- 2 tablespoons erythritol
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 2 tablespoons powdered erythritol or other sweetener as so desired
- Start with the fruit layer. Place your ingredients in a medium saucepan, cooking over medium-high heat for 5-10 minutes or until softened. Crush your fruit gently as it cooks to speed this process. Once soft and fully cooked, set aside 10 minutes to cool. (You can also suspend it over ice water to help cool faster.)
- As that cools, make your cream layer. Whip your cream and vanilla until firm. To serve, place alternating layers of fruit and whipped cream into your 4 serving glasses, serving immediately.
- Cooling rack
- Serving glasses (4)