Stroganoff is another one of those incredibly filling foods that we associate with carbs—but that’s primarily because of the pasta. Replace that pasta with keto-friendly option, though, and suddenly you are in business.
My version is usually a pork stroganoff, but as with most of these recipes, adjust according to your preferences.
I have also made this dish with additional veggies, such as asparagus or peas, but you could use green beans, zucchini keto noodles, cauliflower rice—work with what works for you.
- 1 pound pork chops or substitute with pork tenderloin or other meat as you prefer
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 cup bone broth or substitute with chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley freshly chopped
- 1 pound asparagus
- Start by slicing your pork into thin strips, seasoning with salt and pepper to your preference. Heat a cast-iron (or other heavy-bottomed) pan over high heat, adding 1 tablespoon ghee. Adding your pork slices, stir fry in small batches to brown, using a slotted spoon to transfer to a plate, setting aside.
- Regrease the pan with the remaining ghee, adding the onion and garlic, cooking until fragrant, roughly 3 minutes, before adding the mushrooms, bone broth, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, and whipping cream, bringing to a boil. Cook 5 minutes, or until thickened. Remove from heat, add parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with side of vegetable.
- Cutting board
- Sharp knife
- Large pan
- Slotted spoon
- Serving plates