Turkey and Mexican chorizo make these sliders a wonderful spicy-creamy treat, and the guacamole adds a cooling touch and rich texture. These are awesome anytime of the day! Perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner.
My kids think these are totally the bomb! I love spices to and the more flavor you can put into the dish the better. The chorizo makes these sliders extra moist and spicy but not so spicy that kids will run for the milk even without the guacamole.
If I am hosting an adults only party, sometimes I will spice up the guacamole as well to really bring the heat and added flavor. If you like it a little spicy- its a must try! Just add a half of a jalapeno pepper to the guac recipe and you will have some kicking sauce!!
Let us know what you think and what your favorite flavors are!
TURKEY CHORIZO SLIDERS
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 8 ounces Mexican chorizo separate recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ghee or appropriate substitute
- 3 avocados preferably large
- 1 onion white or yellow, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/3 cups tomatoes chopped
- 2 chile peppers of desired heat chopped fine (or less, if you prefer less spice)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or more to desired taste
- 1/4 cup cilantro freshly chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 head lettuce iceberg or romaine
- 1 sliced red onion
- 1 sliced tomato
- Start by making your patties. Combine your ground turkey and chorizo in a bowl. Use your hands to shape your mixture into 12 medium patties, seasoning with salt on both sides. Cook the patties in a hot pan greased with ghee over medium-high heat, 4-5 minutes on each side, before setting aside.
- To make your guacamole, halve and peel each avocado, remove the pits, placing half of your avocado halves in a bowl, mashing well with a fork. Add the onion, garlic, tomatoes, chile pepper, lime juice, and cilantro. Dice the rest of the avocado, mixing it into guacamole (but not mashing). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lastly, tear your lettuce into leaves. Spread the guacamole on top of the lettuce leaves, serving with the cooked patties on top.
- If not serving immediately, each piece can be stored separately. Sliders can be refrigerated for up to 4 days, or freeze for up to 3 months. Guacamole can be stored in the refrigerator (in an airtight container) for up to 3 days.
- Large bowl
- Large pan
- Chopping knife
- Cutting board
- Guacamole bowl
- Serving plates