We prefer ground turkey in this salad, but you can also substitute chicken breasts, leftover steak, or other protein of your choosing. Start with this recipe as your base, and experiment to find what works best for your palate and preferences! What makes this salad so delicious is the chipotle lime dressing, yum! Its creamy and amazingly good with fresh veggies and ground meat. Go for the dip or just pour the dressing all over your colorful salad and enjoy.
Turkey Fajita Chipotle Lime Salad
Category: Lunch or dinner Calorie Count: 645 Macronutrient ratio: Carb-induced calories—11% Protein: 40 grams Carbohydrates: 19 grams Total Fat: 48 grams
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Chipotle Lime Dressing
- 1/4 cup ¼mayo (preferably a natural, keto-friendly option)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon chipotle seasoning
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Fajita Seasoning
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small head cabbage green
- 1 yellow onion sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chiles drained
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons Fajita Seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 4 lime wedges
- In a small bowl, combine the Fajita Seasoning ingredients, mixing well.
- In another small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients. If the dressing appears too thick, add a little water slowly until you reach your desired consistency.
- In your third small bowl, mix the sour cream and 1 teaspoon of Fajita Seasoning.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil. Add the onion and green pepper, sauteeing 3-5 minutes, until both are tender but still a little crisp. Remove from the skillet and place in a small bowl for later.
- After reducing the heat to medium, add the remaining oil and, once the oil has heated, the ground turkey. Begin browning the turkey. When only small bits of pink remain, add the Fajita Seasoning that remains and stir well. Once the seasoning has been mixed in, add the can of drained tomatoes, cooking until the turkey is fully browned.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters, removing the core, then cut each quarter into thin strips. Evenly divide the raw cabbage and spinach into your 4 wide salad bowls, topping each with a portion of the pepper and onion, turkey mix, a dollop of the sour cream mix, the diced avocado, and shredded cheese. Drizzle the dressing over each bowl, and serve with lime wedges place on top.
- Sharp paring knife
- Cutting board
- Small bowls (4)
- Wide salad bowls (4)
- Large skillet