Breakfast is the king of meals or it should be! I have been known to eat dinner for breakfast and breakfast for dinner many times! Abolish the norms I say 🙂
I love, love turmeric! Not only for its amazing health benefits, but I truly love the slightly bitter, mild flavoring it adds to foods. Its great sprinkled on veggies, chicken dishes, and goes great with scrambled eggs! This is my new morning go to- Turmeric scrambles eggs! And of course, they are keto friendly so I don’t ever have to worry.
These turmeric scrambled eggs are delicious! I toss in some veggies or even a piece of almond bread toast and enjoy with my coffee. Its a little piece of homey heaven.
If you enjoy turmeric dishes, then you must try my chicken korma recipe– it is absolutely amazing (yes, its ok to brag every once in a while!) It is so good even my kiddo eats it up each and every time and even asks for seconds!
TURMERIC SCRAMBLED EGGS
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (or more, to taste)
- salt to taste
- Lightly beat the eggs and heavy cream in a small bowl; once well-mixed, add turmeric, salt, and pepper. (Note that the pepper makes the turmeric more effective as an anti-inflammatory agent, so don't skip it.)
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt the butter; once melted, pour in the egg mixture, stirring frequently. Cook until your eggs reach your desired scrambled egg consistency, three to five minutes for most people.
- Remove from heat, add more salt and pepper as needed to taste, and serve.
- Small bowl
- Medium-sized skillet
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- Serving plates